What does God expect me to do today?
1. Plan to love. Matthew 5:37-39
a. To love God
b. To love others
2. Plan to seek and to do His will. James 4:13-15
b. Bible reading
c. Bible study
3. Plan the day to glorify God. I Corinthians 10:31
Pray and act so to be a good testimony within every relationship
that you will effect and that will effect you.
a. Government. I Timothy 2:1-2
b. Family – wife, children, parents, brothers and sisters.
c. Business – employer/employees
d. School – instructors/students
e. Live the day for the Lord. Galations 2:20
4. Share the Gospel with someone. II Corinthians 4:13-16
a. We are to tell the entire world about Jesus. Mark 16:15
b. If people do not know about God, it is to our shame. I Corinthians 15:34
c. It is our responsibility. II Corinthians 5:17-21
5. Desire to be led by God and to show the world around you a genuine Christian life. Galations 5:22-23.
Why does God want me to pray today?
1. Prepares us for the day by beginning in humility. I Peter 5:7-8
a. Trusting God. Philippians 4:6
b. Depending upon God. Matthew6:25-34
c. Seeking God’s help. Hebrews 4:15-16
2. Prepares us for the day by considering needs.
a. Salvation of others. Romans 10:1; I Timothy 2:3-6
b. Boldness to witness. Ephesians 6:18-19
c. Brethren to serve God. Matthew 9:37-38
d. For our leaders in government. I Timothy 2:1-2
e. Forgiveness of personal sin. I John 1:9
f. Brethren that have sinned I John 5:14-16
g. Pray for wisdom and for leadership. James1:5-6; Hebrews 13:5-6
h. Daily provision. Matthew 6:33
3. Prepares us to praise God. Ephesians 5:18-20; Psalm 37:3-5
Why does God want me to read His Word every day?
1. Knowledge of God’s Word brings me to the knowledge of God.
a. We come to know God’s will by reading His Word.
b. We learn how to be saved through His Word. Romans 10:17
c. We have the knowledge of our Spiritual birth through His Word.
d. Following salvation, we study His Word and we will continue to grow in the Lord.
I Peter 1:18 – 2:3
e. There is more to the Christian life than salvation. God has given
His Word that we may know Him.
2. Knowing God’s Word leads to knowing God’s will. If each person
is in the will of God there will be unity and not division, thereby bringing glory to the Lord. I Corinthians 3:1-3
3. God’s Word was given for man to know. Acts 17:11-12
a. The Holy Spirit inspired the writers to preserve His Word.
II Peter 1:20-21; II Timothy 3:16-17
b. The Holy Spirit lives in each Christian. John 14:16-17
c. The Holy Spirit will guide into God’s Word. John 16:12-15
d. God has commanded that Christians study His Word. I Timothy 4:13; II Timothy 2:15
e. Christians should not just read and then forget, but should read
and follow the instructions of God. James 1:22-23
f. Man can know God’s unchanging standard of right and wrong.
Psalm 119:11, 103-105.
4. Knowing God’s Word enables us to teach others. II Timothy 2:2;